Dallas does have it ALL – a booming downtown, quaint neighborhoods, our very own Kardashian and a hip foodie scene. In fact, Dallas has more restaurants per capita than any other city in the US of A, so it’s no secret that we like to eat. But we’re equally passionate about playing host to and entertaining our guests.
Needless to say, DMA is thrilled that the United Fresh 2012 event will be in our backyard and we’re already sporting our ten gallon “hosting hats.” And while we can’t personally introduce you to all our favorite haunts across the city, we do want to whet your appetites with a virtual tour of places we feel put the “BIG” in Big D.
In each edition of The Core leading up to United Fresh, we’ll feature at least one Dallas hot spot or neighborhood and then prepare you for your visit with a printable version of the entire can’t-miss list. Think of it as your very own welcome packet to our fair city which should be in the midst of a gorgeous Texas spring around the first of May.
This week, we give a little free, yet valuable, press coverage to Dallas’ Bishop Arts District (BAD). This eclectic neighborhood is about a ten minute cab ride from downtown hotels and well worth it. Home to over 60 Independent shops, restaurants and galleries, BAD is a great destination for a low key, yet full evening. Don’t miss these:
- Tillman’s Roadhouse – goat cheese tater tots and tableside s’mores…. Convinced yet?
- Lucia – feels a bit like you’re sitting in the comfortable dining room of your favorite aunt… who happens to be an amazing chef.
- Dude, Sweet Chocolate – right next door to Lucia, how convenient! Handmade decadence, perfect for dessert and souvenirs.
- Dirt – don’t worry, this isn’t an eatery. Instead, this is an amazing florist definitely worth a stop and see (even if you can’t fit anything else in your carry-on).
- Oddfellow’s – If you’re up and at ‘em early, run (or cab) down to this laid back café for a cup of their French Press. It’s certainly not instant and certainly is delicious.
Let us know if you’re looking for a specific type of experience in Dallas and we’ll be happy to report on it or answer you directly. Leave a comment below or email us at email@example.com. Look forward to seeing you in a couple months!
Posted by: The DMA Solutions Team
Check out these other Dallas Has It All Posts:
The Bishop Arts District
Parks & Recreation
Deal Closing Dinners
Dallas’ Bar Scene
Dallas Arts District & Deep Ellum