|« Previous Post||Next Post »|
Office Eats: Mack’s Mom’s Blackberry Crumble
Mack’s nostalgic story about blackberries inspired us. Actually, that’s not entirely true. It wasn’t really inspiration that caused us to bake this office-made blackberry crumble. It was pure, unadulterated CRAVING. After reading Mack’s post and the recipe that her Mom made on special occasions for her Dad, blackberry crumble was all I could talk about – and all our team could think about. So, in the best interest of our paying clients and to restore the calm, we decided to whip one up for this episode of Office Eats.
- 2 pints California Giant Berry Farms Blackberries
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2c whole oats
- 1c Gold Medal flour
- ½ – 1c Imperial brown sugar to taste
- 1t cinnamon
- Breville Compact Smart Oven
- 1 paring knife
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons (oops, we didn’t have – but, the palm of Meg’s freshly washed hand was the perfect substitute!)
- Mixing bowl
- 8×8 baking dish
- Wash berries & put into 8 inch square baking pan. Sprinkle berries with lemon juice.
- In mixing bowl, add dry ingredients to the softened butter. Mix well until the ingredients clump together.
- Spread mixture on top of berries.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes until top is browned & berries are bubbling.
- Serves 4. Serve with cream, if desired.
- We garnished ours with a Greek yogurt & honey mixture (fresh outta cream!)
- The aroma of this dish baking will most likely bring unexpected visitors into your office while baking.
- Defeat the “brown sugar brick” – Meg says to put a small piece of white bread in your bag of brown sugar to prevent it from hardening into something you could build a fallout shelter with.
- We can’t wait to try this VERY easy recipe with other fresh, peak-of-season fruits like peaches, cherries (pitted!), blueberries, apricots or apples.
Posted by The Health Nut (Brock Nemecek)