|« Previous Post||Next Post »|
When You Really Love a Website
If loving a website is wrong, then I don’t want to be right. This is the passion I feel for the USA Pears website. I know, I know…it sounds crazy, but as a marketer, when I uncover a marketing gem (in produce or out), I feel compelled to share.
Top Reasons Why I Love USAPears.org as a consumer:
- The home page connects me to the grower – Consumers are welcomed with a polished image of a pear orchard and a spotlight featuring pear varieties that are currently in season.
- The navigation is simple and directly meets my needs as a consumer – Now that I am fully stocked with my USA Pears, I feel compelled to experiment with different ways to use/cook them. I visit their website and voila, I am presented with inspired ideas and nutrition information that keeps me motivated to learn more about fun ways to enjoy pears.
- Pears are cool for school – As a mom, I’m compelled to share this website with my son’s teacher. With tools like lesson plans and fun activities involving pears, who wouldn’t want their kids learning more about this nutritious and delicious fruit.
- I’ve got decorating moves like Martha – As if eating these juicy gems weren’t enough, I am inspired to use pears in my everyday decorating with inspiration that I’ve gathered from the USA Pears website. Pears on a wreath? Who knew!
- Pears have panache and so does my cooking – As someone who likes to a take a walk on the wild side of cooking every now and then (yeah, I watch the Cooking Channel), USA Pears invites me to visit PearPanache.com where chefs around the world are featured using USA Pears in their recipes.
- I need a gift for a fellow pear lover – Father’s Day is coming up soon and my father-in-law, who loves pears, may like a gift basket. The good news is, USA Pears has me covered by offering me several variations of gift baskets at different price points. Score!
Top Reasons Why I Love USAPears.org as a marketer:
- I am invited to join USA Pears via social media – I am so inspired by the website that I am likely to follow USA Pears elsewhere, like Facebook and Twitter. And USA Pears makes connecting easy by featuring connective icons right on the home page.
- Please send me recipes and other information – USA Pears has taken the time to integrate other marketing elements into the framework of the website by inviting me to receive monthly emails and subscribe to the blog right from the home page.
- And the NUMBER ONE reason – Because of all those reasons that I, the consumer, love the website!
The best part about this post for me is that while I wrote it from a consumer’s perspective, I’ve been inspired as a marketer. The USA Pears website does an amazing job of delivering the information that is most important to their very targeted audience – and it worked. I’m hooked and will no doubt buy more USA Pears, visit this website again and share this sweet find with friends (and Core readers).
Posted by: The Optimist (Megan Zweig)