|« Previous Post||Next Post »|
Dallas Has it ALL – Parks & Recreation
We may be a little obsessed with eating in Dallas, but we don’t load up on all of that Tex-Mex without getting our fitness on as well. Whether you are an avid fitness junkie or you are just craving a little recreation, Dallas has plenty to offer to keep your routine going. Check out a few of these hotspots to keep both heart and soul happy throughout your visit:
- White Rock Lake –Located in North East Dallas, this 9 plus mile park offers something for everyone and is a sight to behold. Enjoy a brisk walk or run on the hike and bike trails, or rent a bicycle if cycling is your forte. You can also test your sea legs and try a few kayaks on for size. Mother Nature will be glad to see you!
- Katy Trail – This gem is like a runner’s oasis in the heart of Dallas. The trail extends 3.5 miles from the north end by the SMU Campus all the way down to Victory Plaza and right into the American Airlines Center parking lot. You’ll almost forget you are in the city on this hidden trail surrounded by trees and foliage until you catch a glimpse of breathtaking views of the Dallas skyline as you move south towards downtown. Check out the website for a map of trail entrances, directions and tips.
- Reverchon Park – Originally designed to be the “Central Park” of Dallas, Reverchon Park is a beautiful and well-maintained park with plenty of trails and wide open spaces to relax in. The park includes a historic Baseball stadium, a covered playground, plenty of picnic tables and access to the Katy Trail. For the Yoga enthusiast – Dirt Cheap Yoga has regular classes here and your first visit is always free. Namaste!
- Tenison Park Golf Course – Texans love their golf, so if this is your recreational activity of choice you won’t be disappointed. Just a quick 10 minutes from downtown, Tenison Park is known as one of Dallas’ favorite public golf courses. With two different courses to choose from, the avid golfer in you will have plenty of opportunity to get your fill of the game during your visit.
- Top Golf – If you’re a Golf fan but you don’t have the time to cover an entire 18-hole course, you should make time to hit up this Dallas hotspot during your visit. You will have a blast at this target-based electronic driving range while chowing down on some good food and a few good drinks too. Grab some company and work on your golf swing while socializing and checking out one of Dallas’ most popular venues. Hint – Dallas Cowboy Players have been spotted more than a time or two hitting balls here!
Have any questions about directions, where to park or additional recreational activities in Dallas? Let us know what kind of experiences you are looking for and we’ll be sure to give you the 411. Leave a comment below or email us at email@example.com. Look forward to seeing you in a couple months!
Posted by: The DMA Solutions Team
Tags: American Airlines Center, Dallas, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Public Golf Course, Dirt Cheap Yoga, fitness, Fitness in Dallas, Golf in Dallas, Katy Trail, Parks and Recreation, Reverchon Park, Running Trails in Dallas, SMU, Tenison Park Golf Course, Top Golf, Victory Plaza, White Rock Lake